- LesionMeter: the mobile app for the ulcers surface area measuring (eng)
LesionMeter: the mobile app for the ulcers surface area measuring (eng)
LesionMeter: the mobile app for the ulcers surface area measuring (rus,eng)
a medical application that measures the area of skin lesions, neoplasms or ulcers of any form without additional tools. The application is free, distributed with the support of the Russian Phlebological Association (RPA)
Website App (eng)
- Convenient and accurate measurement of the area of ulcers, foci and neoplasms of the skin.
- Storage and analysis of growth or healing dynamics.
- Exporting data for subsequent research.
Measure the surface area of ulcers and any other skin lesions
To measure the surface area of a skin lesion, you simply need to take a photo of the lesion with any standard plastic card beside it. You can use credit card, id, discount, citizenship card, etc. The app will recognize the card automatically. Outline the area containing the skin lesion on the photo with your finger, and the app will calculate the exact surface area.
Store and analyze medical records
The app stores all photos of lesions and respective surface area calculations. It allows to review patient cases when necessary.
Export the data
Specific lesion’s photo and surface area measurement, or entire case records data, can be easily saved to Dropbox or sent by e-mail as a PDF file. If you set up a corporate Dropbox account, all case records data of the clinic can be stored under one account. The image of the plastic card in the photo is blurred so you can safely share the surface area calculation results with colleagues and patients, without sending any sensitive data from the card.
- To get the exact skin lesion surface area, place any standard plastic card beside the lesion, ensuring that the card and lesion are at the same distance from the camera.
- To outline the skin lesion contour with maximum accuracy, select the «magnifying glass» or «cursor» option.
For Android devices
For Apple devices
How accurately can you measure an object with this application?